Commercial Unfinished & Prefinished Strip and Plank Solid Hardwood Flooring Limited Product Warranty
Thank you for choosing Stoehr Flooring quality solid hardwood residential and commercial flooring. Our quality control manufacturing processes ensure that you receive consistent, high quality unfinished and pre-finished flooring for your application. In the unlikely event that you should experience a problem with your purchase, please keep and refer to this document. This Limited Product Product Warranty applies exclusively to Monogram® and Stoehr Hardwood solid hardwood products purchased after April 5, 2007 for commercial installations only (the “Product”). This warranty does not apply to residential use.
Lifetime Guarantee on Structural Integrity
Stoehr Flooring warrants to the original commercial purchaser (the “Customer”), that the Product will be free from manufacturing defects for as long as you own the property. This warranty commences upon your purchase of the Product. This warranty is not transferable.
Inspect all flooring as you remove it from the carton and prior to installation. If you are not 100% satisfied with the original manufacture and finish of your flooring prior to installation, just return the full carton to your place of purchase within 15 days of purchase and it will be replaced. Stoehr Flooring will not be liable for manufacturing defects that are identified after the flooring has been installed.
3 Year Finish Guarantee
Stoehr Flooring warrants that the finish will not wear through, and that the finish will not separate from the floor for a full 3 years from date of purchase, when maintained under the Stoehr Flooring recommended guidelines, and when used under normal light commercial traffic conditions. Loss of gloss does not constitute wear-through and is not covered under this warranty.
This Limited Product Warranty does not cover damage to the Product caused in whole or in part by accident, circumstances beyond Stoehr Flooring’s control, neglect, negligence, ordinary wear and tear, abuse, use for which the Product is not designed, faulty construction of the facility, faulty installation of the Product, failure to comply with recommended maintenance instructions, repair or alteration of the Product by anyone other than Stoehr Flooring without the prior express written consent of Stoehr Flooring, settlement of the home’s walls or structure, failure of other contractors to adhere to specifications, mechanical failure, excessive dryness, or excessive moisture from humidity, spillage, migration through the slab or walls, or any other source (the “Excluded Conditions”).
THIS LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND OF ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF STOEHR FLOORING. Stoehr Flooring makes no warranty or representation that the Product complies with the requirements of federal, state and local laws and/or industrial codes, or any other warranty or representation, express or implied, not specified herein. Any and all representations or warranties by Stoehr Flooring or any other party that differ in any manner from the terms of this written Limited Product Warranty shall be of no force or effect.
This Limited Product Warranty completely and exclusively states the obligations of Stoehr Flooring for any breach of this Limited Product Warranty. If this Limited Product Warranty is breached, Stoehr Flooring’s liability for such breach shall be limited to either, at Stoehr Flooring’s option, repairing the defective Product, replacing the defective Product, or returning the sales price of the Product received by Stoehr Flooring. In no event shall any breach of this Limited Product Warranty render Stoehr Flooring liable for any other damages of any kind, whether special, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or of any other sort, associated with the use of or in the inability to use the defective Products. In no event shall Stoehr Flooring be obligated to pay for or otherwise assume the responsibility for repair work ordered or performed by Customer without the prior written consent of Stoehr Flooring. Stoehr Flooring’s obligation under this Limited Product Warranty shall be contingent upon the receipt by Stoehr Flooring before the end of the warranty period of a written notice of a claimed defect from the Customer, and proof to Stoehr Flooring’s satisfaction that the Product is defective in manufacture and was not subjected to any of the Excluded Conditions. If Stoehr Flooring shall elect to replace Product proven to be defective, it shall not be responsible for any labor charges of any kind either in the reinstallation of the Product or in the dismantling of the defective Product; rather, the obligation of Stoehr Flooring shall be limited to delivering replacement Product to the Customer. In no event shall Stoehr Flooring have any liability to any party other than Customer. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may or may not apply to you.
In order to receive the Limited Product \ Warranty protection described above, you must do the following:
- Save your original receipt.
- All flooring must be inspected when you remove it from the carton, and if you are not 100% satisfied with any piece, just return the opened carton with all flooring within 15 days after your purchase to your point of purchase. The product will be exchanged at no cost to you.
- Install the flooring properly in accordance with Stoehr Flooring installation instructions provided in each carton.
- Allow Stoehr Flooring a reasonable number of attempts to repair or replace any claimed defect.
- Maintain the flooring correctly using the Maintenance Program listed below.
Floor Care Maintenance Program
- Sweep or vacuum your floor at least once a week (more frequently in high traffic areas). Do not use vacuums with beater bars or hard heads. Using a quality dust mop to eliminate fine grit and other abrasive dirt is highly recommended.
- At least every three months, apply a high quality floor cleaner designed for hardwood floors to clean and rejuvenate the floor.
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately.
- Never clean or wet mop with water.
Note: Certain soaps, detergents and waxes may harm the finish of your floor. So, to preserve your Limited Product warranty protection, do not use any of the following products or similar products: Fantastik®, Formula 409®, dishwashing detergent, powdered all-purpose cleaners, Murphy’s Oil Soap®, paste wax, Endust®, Pledge®, Future®, Mop n Glo®, Brite®, or other polishes. Using any of these, or similar products will void your warranty. Never recoat the urethane without first seeking the advice of an authorized Stoehr Flooring representative.
Warranty does not cover:
- Flooring installed in basements.
- Naturally occurring variations and characteristics of the wood such as grain, color, mineral stains, and knots.
- Naturally occurring expansion and contraction of wood flooring due to seasonal changes in humidity.
- Changes in color due to natural aging and exposure to sunlight.
- Damage caused by heavy point loads like high heels, pianos, appliances, furniture, casters, etc.
- Damage caused by excess moisture in bathrooms with tubs and showers.
- Damage caused by fire, flood, leaking or broken pipes, leaking/open windows during storm events, wet mopping or spills, or other natural disaster.
- Damage caused by sharp objects. Products sold as: “factory seconds”, “off-goods”, “manufacturer’s specials”, etc. Such goods are sold “AS IS” with no warranty.
- Reduction in gloss, scratches, or indentations due to: sand, grit, or other abrasives, pets, insects, construction traffic, vacuums with beater bars, etc.
- Color variations, shade variation, gloss variation or texture variation between samples or printed color photography used in marketing materials such as literature and on the Stoehr Flooring website.
- Damage caused by deficiencies in the home’s structure or sub-floor.
- Noise such as squeaks due, to anything other than a defect in product.
- Damage caused by faulty installation including but not limited to violation of applicable state or local building codes.
- While Stoehr Flooring will do it’s best to repair flooring or provide replacement flooring so that it will closely match your original floor, due to the natural variation hardwood flooring, the age and condition of the remaining existing floor, changes in manufacturing processes, and other conditions beyond Stoehr Flooring’s control, Stoehr Flooring will not guarantee matches in color, texture, gloss, etc.
Filing a Claim
Stoehr Flooring wants you to be satisfied with your purchase, but if you are not, please first call the establishment where you purchased the Product. In many cases they can answer your questions and resolve many issues. Should it be necessary to start a claim, they can start the process for you.